Spywear question.

Reaction score
There was a talk in program this morning on local radio (LBC) about trojans getting into personal computers. The man on the phone mentioned four programs that are free,to help locate and destroy them and they were:
"Malwear bytes"
"Spybot"
"Ad wear" (I don`t know if I`ve got this right.)
"Super-anti spy wear"
Does any one know any thing about them, and if so are they worth using?
The chap also mentioned that it is now not so much the problem of viruses but more with these trojans getting into sysyems.
historian

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... and we have "recommended" them for years.

;)

Reaction score
Hi mucks,Thanks for your reply.

I've just had notification that my anti virus program needs to be updated.I've now installed "SuperAnti Spy ware" and I have AOLs own anti spy ware running, do I need a anti virus one as well? If so which one would be o.k.
Many thanks
historian

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Superantispyware and Spybot Search & Destroy are worth having, AdAware2008 ain't much good any more and I know not a thing about Malware Bytes I'm afraid :confused:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Malware Bytes is rather good, SAS is better known, I would use MB to help clean-up an infested PC. :thumb:

do I need a anti virus one as well? If so which one would be o.k.
We ALWAYS recommend one uses a good antivirus program, such as Kaspersky ... you want free, than Antivir gets my vote.

If you do decide on KAV, do not buy Kaspersky direct from KAV, go to Aria for a good price. ;)

user.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Or, if you use Barclays Internet Banking ,you can get Kaspersky for free. :thumb:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
... and we have "recommended" them for years.

;)

What you say mucks:wave: speak up a little they cant hear to well!
we have "recommended" them for years.;)

Ask a Question