spyware - derbiz - problem

Reaction score
Hi
I've got a problem with this thing that seems to attached itself to my pc and it's driving me bonkers! I think it must be spyware or something. When I turn off my PC and turn it back on again I get this icon on my desktop called 'Derbiz'. Then if I go on the internet this 'Derbiz' thing is my home page. I've never been on this website and my homepage is Google. I keep changing my homepage back to google via the Internet Options Menu but everytime I restart my PC this "Derbiz" keeps coming up??? I'm at my wits end with this thing I've even resorted to deleting all the files I dont use with disatorous consequences (see post deleted driver now no sound). I'm operating Windows XP and I've already tried Ad-aware, Spybot, Spyspotter, Spyware Doctor and Registery Cleaner but they dont seem to help. If someone out there can help me then I'd be really grateful. Thanks

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hi Sarah, now we've solved your sound problem, lets move on to the more tricky problem!

From what I read elsewhere DerBiz is a nasty piece of scumware which appears to be very difficult to remove using programs, and needs to be done manually. The posts I have seen seem to have most success using a registry and file analysing tool called 'HijackThis' and posting the results onto a forum for an expert to analize and then help you to manually remove the offending entries.

I want you to have a look at the following website, carefully read what it says and download the HijackThis program following the instructions. http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

Once you have done this you will need to copy and paste the results of the analysis into a post on one of the suggested forums so that an expert there can take a look and show you how to get rid of it.

Make sure you tell them you have limited PC experience so that they explain things clearly and simply.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help than this - I am not experienced at analysing this sort of thing, and due to the lack of response you have had to this problem, I suspect others here are in a similar position.

Good luck Sarah and let me know how you get on....:)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Sarah

These guys are really good and clear at analysing/fixing with Hijack This. Nellie2 is one of their founder members - she and the others have an excellent reputation and promise not to leave you until your system is clean. I do use their forum from time to time and the instructions are very kind and user friendly!

http://www.malwareremoval.com/

Good luck!!

Gabs x

PS The people at Malware are all ex Tom Coyote!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help guys. I downloaded HijackThis but when I tried to register with Tom Coyote they sent me a missing link??? Thanks anyway for all your advice Ady I dont know what I'd have done without you especially with regards to my sound problem. Anyway I tried your suggestion Andy J and downloaded and ran the ewido suite and it seems to have worked. I had to update it first but when I ran it, it found loads of infections that my other spyware programmes missed. I've switched my PC on and off loads of times and that derbiz thing hasn't appeared (yet), so thanks for your advice. If I do get it back I'll register with malwareremoval and send them my hijack this log. Thanks again for all your help everyone. I'm so glad I've found this forum. I should explaine that the PC I was having trouble with was my works PC and I didn't fancy telling my boss (yikes!). Thanks Guys. xxx

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I'm sure were all just glad that everything is sorted out Sarah :thumb:

But don't be a stranger and just come back when you have a problem, hang around and chat/contribute on some of the threads - some particularly under General Discussion are quite amusing and light hearted!! :D

Reaction score
Hi Sarah

Glad i could be of some assistance to you, I tried this spyware remover as a last resort, Adaware & Microsoft beta 1 didn't touch it. I work at the local Hospital, & work voluntary in the I.T department, having just about finished a PC Technicians level 3 course at my local college.
Why not also visit this site, read it & try it out?
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
any more problems please dont hesitate to contact me.:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for that Andy J.
I definatly wont be a stranger Ady. Everyone is really friendly and helpful. Its nice to just have a friendly chat. Thanks Guys xx

Ask a Question