From: m.r ([email protected])
Subject: I want to get rid of "Skykiller"
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.internet.mschat
Date: 2003-10-14 13:17:39 PST

I wanted to get a free scan from spykiller.com and
thought that it would be like pestscan.com (that it would
do a scan and thats ALL)-
but I followed the steps and I got the 30 day trial
installed on my pc of spykiller- I decided to uninstall
it and clicked on the uninstall part- But for the last 5
days, the icon on desktop is still there- wont go away- I
cant do the scan but I want ALL of that erased- any help
would be great-
P>S I wanted to post this at another newsgroup but lots
of them are no longer available

From: Kevin ([email protected])
Subject: runtime error 7 "out of memory"
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.apps
Date: 2003-10-16 11:44:09 PST

I have an application named SpyKiller downloaded from
http://www.spykiller.com

When I try to run it, Windows 98 displays an error
message: runtime error 7 "out of memory". In fact, my
computer got plenty of memory. Pentium III 800MHz, 256
Mb of memory, 40 Gb hard drive. Please help!

The Ugly
--------
From: Pat ([email protected])
Subject: SPYKILLER is a joke
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.spyware
Date: 2003-08-19 14:58:55 PST

Just to save other people the hassle of trying to get there money
back.....This is a $50 program that does nothing but look for keywords
(IE scan, advertise, etc,). It claims to be able to stop spyware from
installing, it does no such thing. I installed Kazza while the shield
was on and it did nothing. After intall of Kazza was finished, I
scanned hard drives and Registry and it only found 3 items. I ran
adaware and it found 18 items. This software is a scam. They only
allow you to see the important stuff on your computer if you pay for
it but they claim that there are keyloggers and such on your computer,
they just dont give you the location. I installed SPYKILLER on a fresh
install of winxp and win2000, no network connection and no updates. It
found 7 items. Anyway, just thought i would let people know.

Mel

The Good
--------
www.spykiller.com

FREE SPYWARE SCAN
FREE ADWARE SCAN

Scan your computer FREE for SpyWare now before it is too late!

You will receive less SPAM, less PopUps, your computer
will be more stable and a lot faster! We guarantee it.

The Bad
-------
From: m.r ([email protected])
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.internet.mschat
Date: 2003-10-14 13:17:39 PST

From: Pat ([email protected])
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.spyware
Date: 2003-08-19 14:58:55 PST

Just to save other people the hassle of trying to get there money
back.....This is a $50 program that does nothing but look for keywords
(IE scan, advertise, etc,). It claims to be able to stop spyware from
installing, it does no such thing. I installed Kazza while the shield
was on and it did nothing. After intall of Kazza was finished, I
scanned hard drives and Registry and it only found 3 items. I ran
adaware and it found 18 items. This software is a scam. They only
allow you to see the important stuff on your computer if you pay for
it but they claim that there are keyloggers and such on your computer,
they just dont give you the location. I installed SPYKILLER on a fresh
install of winxp and win2000, no network connection and no updates. It
found 7 items. Anyway, just thought i would let people know.

I agree with BillR
However, it's even worse than that.
I believe Spykiller is actually spyware itself, and the scum who
created it need to be banned from the internet.
It will not uninstall, which is typical of Spyware.
It caused Spyware events on an otherwise clean machine.
I Had to manually delete the folder from
C:program files\
And delete the registry entry that launches it on boot from
It appears to me that this is just Spyware in sheeps clothing and
shame on Download.com for posting such a piece of crap in their
downloads.
Get "Spybot Search and Destroy". I do this for a living. So far, there
is nothing better and it's truly free.

BillR

sf said:
What will work on systems older than '98?

I ran Spybot, Ad-aware, and several other security related
applications on Win95 until about 6 months ago.

BillR

sf

I ran Spybot, Ad-aware, and several other security related
applications on Win95 until about 6 months ago.
Thanks, we have some pre98 computers at school that are
online and I'd like to protect them because so many people
use them for so many different things.

Keenan P.

On 4 Nov 2003 08:20:43 -0800, (e-mail address removed) (BillR)
wrote: snip
Thanks, we have some pre98 computers at school that are
online and I'd like to protect them because so many people
use them for so many different things.
Easy solution: create a small network and have your firewall, antivirus
& other security running on your primary computer which could be a
newer machine.
Best,
POKO