Carrie Garth \(MVP\)

Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 12:51 PM
At start up my computer shows this error. "spoolsv.exe has generated errors and
will be closed by windows." Then the computer reboots, but all of my printer
drivers are gone, and when i try to reload them I get this error messag "subsystem
unavailable" or "printer operation cannot continue due to lack of resources."

I tried all steps in Knowledge base article KB312052, but to no avail. I still get
the same messages even with no printer drivers installed.

If BitWare for Windows is installed see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
Article:

KB257859 - BitWare Causes Spoolsv.exe Program Error in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=257859

If you have any spooled data files delete them. For more information see the
archived newsgroup post by Ben Kuhn [MS] ([email protected])