spellcheck

spellcheck 'American English'!

I have a Dell computer and my spellcheck is American English where the
spelling is very different, how do I change it to spell check in English
English.

On the Bridge

If you mean Windows Mail, only american english is available.

Windows Mail used to (IN XP) integrate with OFFICE for the spell check, but
that seems to not be the case with VISTA.

"spellcheck 'American English'!" <spellcheck 'American
news:[email protected]...

On the Bridge

correction OUTLOOL EXPRESS IN XP USE TO INTEGRATE WITH OFFICE SPELLCHECK...

there was no windows mail in XP.. lol

spellcheck ''American English''!

so who should I contact to complain about this? any ideas?

thanks

On the Bridge

You can complain to microsoft feedback.. but they will just ignore you.. lol
its the microsoft way.

Ill try to find a work around.. some people here suggested an external
spellchecker...

But I prefer integrated spellcheckers...

If I find a good solution Ill post back

--
50 Ways to leave your Vista....

CHORUS:

You just format the drive , Clive
Get a New Mac , Jack
Y'don't need that crap toy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Boot from a *nix, Jix
You don't need to discuss much
Install XP, Lee
And get yourself free

"spellcheck ''American English''!"

Dave

In Windows Live Mail, supposedly there's a tweak... according to Ildhund...

"If you're looking for British English spell checking (so colour is accepted
but color gets a wiggly red line), open spell.ini
(in %programfiles%/Windows Live/Mail/Proof/prf0009/2) and change lang=1033
to lang=2057. "

Don't know if it works...
Don't think it's possible with Windows Mail...