spell check OE6

Reaction score
Help for a terrible speller!

My computer just came back from the hospital and OE is still sick, or at least has amnesia.

My spell check is gone (doesn't even appear in the tools>options>spelling and it is only in gray when I opt to check the spelling on an email)

And I have lost my entire email history (inbox/sent messages). The tech/doctor guys tell me it's still in the computer, but damned if I can find it.

Any help?

Thanks,

Kohlie

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I don't know who your tech/doctor guy is, but he/she should know that Outlook Express requires a word processor or stand alone spell checking application installed before spell checking can be enabled.

Welcome to the forums. ;)

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi Kohlie, (and hi Mucks, hope you don't mind if I offer this link) if you cannot find your original spell checker, there is this standalone one from Majorgeeks - it is a very small download. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
MS Office should - perhaps try doing a repair on your office installation (or use MS Outlook instead?), that might do the trick :)

Reaction score
thanks TC,

I downloaded from major geeks. After I install it, will it just work automatically? Do I have to save it to any particular file?

k

Reaction score
TC agian,

brilliant! Your solution did in two minutes what I've been trying to for 2 hours!

kohlie

Ask a Question