Spell check citations and bibliography in MS Word 2007

A

Antonio

I'm not sure how to spell check my citations and bibliography in MS
Word 2007. Any pointers? Thanks!

B

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Antonio,

Word 2007 Citation fields don't actually contain the content you see, they use a 'tag' for the content and display the match for the
tag of the citation (right click on a citation and choose 'Edit Source', the 'Tag is at the bottom left of the dialog).

Works Cited/Bibliography fields from the Bibliography gallery do contain the actual entries, and you can select the text in those
and use the Review tab to set the language and turn off the [x] Do not check spelling, and then go through the dialog for spelling
and make the changes, but they won't stick. The next time the field is updated or the bibliography regenerated Word will pull from
the individual citation sources in the sources file.

When you're finished with your document, generate the bibliography then use the control box at the top left of the bibliography and
use 'convert bibliography to static text and run spell check (although as a bibliography uses abbreviations and names of
individuals, you may be there awhile :)

You may want to run a spell check on a *copy* of your master list from Manage Sources), Sources.XML before using that, but Word will
want to change the header in the file when it saves.

==============
Word 2007. Any pointers? Thanks! >>
--

Bob Buckland ?:)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

A

Antonio

Hi Antonio,

Word 2007 Citation fields don't actually contain the content you see, they use a 'tag' for the content and display the match for the
tag of the citation (right click on a citation and choose 'Edit Source', the 'Tag is at the bottom left of the dialog).

Works Cited/Bibliography fields from the Bibliography gallery do contain the actual entries, and you can select the text in those
and use the Review tab to set the language and turn off the [x] Do not check spelling, and then go through the dialog for spelling
and make the changes, but they won't stick. The next time the field is updated or the bibliography regenerated Word will pull from
the individual citation sources in the sources file.

When you're finished with your document, generate the bibliography then use the control box at the top left of the bibliography and
use 'convert bibliography to static text and run spell check (although as a bibliography uses abbreviations and names of
individuals, you may be there awhile :)

You may want to run a spell check on a *copy* of your master list from Manage Sources), Sources.XML before using that, but Word will
want to change the header in the file when it saves.

==============
Word 2007. Any pointers? Thanks! >>
--

Bob Buckland ?:)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

Again, Bob, you've been an amazing help. Thanks!

Adam

Ask a Question