Special Folders for the program.exe

K

Kurt

Just as an example;
Because I’m new to VB.NET I have to ask if the following line is referring to the folder that the program.exe is running from or installed in
SpecialFolder.LocalApplicationData)

In my other programs this directory was found as
App.Path & "\program.exe" 'etc...

Thanks for any help here.

K

Kurt

You really should get in the habit of using MSDN. It has lots of useful information.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't mean to be a pain in the butt,
but I can't seem to find anywhere
"how to read/write to App.Path directory"
in VB.NET

Is there an easy answear that you could share?

K

Kurt

All due respect, plenty of other people who are self-taught hobbyists take the time to learn to read documentation. You should not expect to get very far if you continue to expect other people to spoon-feed you the answers.They will quickly tire of it. In any case, if you have been programming long enough that you have VB4 code to port (or even VB6, for that matter), it's about high time you actually learned how to read the Windows documentation and understand how to implement Windows-related features. Pete
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Peter, I just wanted to explain something. What I was really lost on wasthe learning of how to use the built in help and when you posted a link for me to go too I would go there and try to figure out how YOU new about these pages.

I’ve now, thanks to your last posting have myself learned too now a bit more on how to use the built in help and they too lead me to MSDN web sites similar to what you led me too.

So I just wanted to say “No hard feelings on this end hope there is none on your end” and thank you for your help.

I did find what I needed it was not as simple as APP_Path & “\rest of path” but it was enough that was able to write code from what I did find andwas able to build my own App_Path that does now work just like what I was familiar with. So one more time; Thank you.

Ask a Question