sound card help

Reaction score
Hi,

i have a creative vibra 128 sound card. the hardware was working fine untill just recently.when my computer crashed from a program install.

ever since then i have no audio device. even though the sound card under device manager is listed and said to be working.

i tried removing and re installing but still can not detect it.

im running xp pro with sp2 installed.

could it be the sond card is dead?

thanks

Reaction score
For one, you should do a system restore. If that won't work, try this, You said it says the device is detected and working properly but you can't detect it. did you install the drivers? It will be detected but without the correct drivers it will not work. You need to uninstall due to Windowsxp using its drivers, reboot, install the drivers that came with the card or look for updated drivers from the company and download them and do an install. Windows by default will use its drivers instead but this won't always work.

Reaction score
like i said device manager reports that it is working.i checked the driver and its creatives driver.

when i go to use any device that uses sound card it says no sound device detected.

now all i hear is the pcs internal speaker beep which previously wasnt there...

i just dont understand why this happened as i was insatlling web cam drivers when the crash happened.

when pc rebboted i started having these probs.

also when i isntall a program reboot sometimes for the next 3 or 4 start ups keeps saying new program installed even though it was there before?

thx

Reaction score
Cannot play back the audio stream: no audio hardware is available, or the hardware is not responding. (Error=80040256)

that is what i get........

Reaction score
Could be a conflict. Did you check to see if the web cam drivers are conflicting? Are you sure the web cam drivers are uninstalled?

Ask a Question