Sound Card Help

Reaction score
Okay, I've got a relatively straight-forward system I'd like to accomplish but it seems that I'm still running into the same problem I did when I tried to get this set up a few years ago. I want to run all the audio from my PC out to an RCA home-theatre receiver through a Digital Optical Audio cable. The receiver has a built-in Dolby Digital 5.1 processor and a set of 5.1 speakers in the room. Right now I currently have a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 with the Digital Optical Audio output add-on card. The whole system is a pain in the butt and whenever there is no audio being played, the card stops sending a signal which causes the receiver to power down. Once audio is played, it takes about 2 seconds for the receiver to power back on again so you miss part of the sound. Also, this card combo has never been able to support more than a 2-channel output in any games. What's the most cost-effective card out there right now that has an optical output that will be able to give me true 3d sound in my games?

Ask a Question