Soulseek

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi folks

Does anyone know anything about the following site which says you can download music for free and is adware/spyware/malware free?

(link removed ... mucks)
http://www.download-it-free.com/soulseek
PC Advisor have run a thread on it and their members seem to think it's ok.

Any views from our members?

Gabs xx

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I can set up a website tomorrow and give you over 200gig of 'free' stuff ... all you have to do is sign-up and you can have access to all areas.

Copyright Infringement
Some files contained on these networks are copyrighted works, like popular games, movies, music, and software. P2P software makes it possible to upload and download copyrighted material from the Internet without proper authorization, but that can violate copyright laws and subject you to criminal and civil penalties. ******* http://www.eff.org/IP/P2P/howto-notgetsued.phpfor information on how to minimize copyright infringement using this p2p application. For all others, please consult the user guide provided with the application. .....

You just pay me to "join the club" and I'll send you the password. :thumb:

:D

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Mucks

Maybe it's a bit late or I might not be switched on properly but I don't understand your reply - are you saying 'leave it alone?' - is it not what it might seem?

Sorry for my fuddle!!

Gabs xx

muckshifter

Reaction score
Gabs,

Anything you "download" that YOU do not have copyright to is ... illegal.

P2P programs are NOT illegal ... though if the likes of Sony have their way they will be.

There are OPEN sites that you CAN legitimately download what they offer ... Freeware, Shareware & open sauce stuff ... even some music.

Personally ... I will not recommend that site. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Noooooo - avoid like the plague!

Totally illegal, 110%.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
OK, thanks point taken. Haven't touched it - just read about it on PC Advisor. Sorry if posting the link was a bad idea - I just wanted to show people.

Sorry again.

Gabs x

muckshifter

Reaction score
gabriella said:
OK, thanks point taken. Haven't touched it - just read about it on PC Advisor. Sorry if posting the link was a bad idea - I just wanted to show people.

Sorry again.

Gabs x
NO apologies needed Gabs ... Some of these 'other' forums aren't exactly very picky in what can and cannot be posted.

You asked a bonafide question ... :thumb:

Ask a Question