Sorry I have been missing

Reaction score
Hi gang the last few days have been manic for me as I have been taking part in the local elections. This was the first I had put my toe in the political ring and was quite pleased with the result as I came 3rd out of 6 prospective counselors so the last week was pretty hectic and have not been on line very much. What was very pleasing in the national election and local election was that there were many more people voting and that so many young people first time voters were making their way to the polling booths to cast their votes in both national and the local election.

Reaction score
No I do not think so because you need young people who will encourage other young people to come out to vote and not old gimmers like me who they see as not relevant to their aspirations or the difficulties of their lives. Political parties need to look at how they recruit people to be activists as looking around many of the activists seem to be of my age range. It was refreshing that there were especially in the local election how many young fresh faces were part of the process and there was one 20 year old elected to Parliament.
In Local Government there needs to be a shake up as all the committees are held during the day time, how many working people would be able to attend committee meetings so as things are it is mainly people who have retired or company owners who are able allocate time to attend the meetings, so therefore not able to understand the trials and tribulations that the younger voters are facing.

Ask a Question