Some Events Not Showing Up in Scheduling Assistant

Jason H.

My boss and I came across an interesting situation this morning where we noticed that only SOME of a colleague's calendar events were showing up in Outlook's Scheduling Assistant (one out of the four that the employee had for the day). We have enterprise permissions and the problem, like many we encounter, was not dependent upon the version of Outlook...we were seeing the same view in Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007.

I've searched the newsgroup with a few terms and the closest incident I found was that ALL events were missing from the SA...and this is not the case.

Any particular reason why this employee's colleagues are only able to see SOME of her calendar events?

Thanks!
- JH

Emily Lin

Hi Jason,

Does the issue only occur with the specific exchange account? Are you able to view other persons' free/busy information in the
scheduling assistant?

At this point, please check the following information.

#1 check her calendar properties
==============
1. On that employee's computer, in Outlook, right click her calendar folder and choose Properties.
2. In the Permissions tab, make sure that the Default user's permission is 'Free/Busy time".
3. Click Other Free/Busy, set 'update free/busy information on the server every 45 minutes'. Click OK, OK.
4. Go to other colleague's computer. Create a meeting request and check her free/busy information. What is the result?

#2 check the settings when you create the meeting request
=====================
1. Open the meeting request.
2. Click Scheduling Assistant.
3. Click Options.
4. Click to clear the Show Only My Working Hours check box. Are you able to view all the free busy information for that employee?

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Emily Lin

Microsoft Online Partner Support
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

From: "Jason H." <[email protected]>
Subject: Some Events Not Showing Up in Scheduling Assistant
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:38:57 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

My boss and I came across an interesting situation this morning where we noticed that only SOME of a colleague's calendar events
were showing up in Outlook's Scheduling Assistant (one out of the four that the employee had for the day). We have enterprise
permissions and the problem, like many we encounter, was not dependent upon the version of Outlook...we were seeing the same view
in Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007.

Emily Lin

Hi Jason,

How's everything going?

I'm wondering if the suggestion has helped or if you have any further questions. Please feel free to respond to the newsgroups if you
need any additional help.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

Jason H.

Emily,

The user is operating in Outlook 2003 and while the directions in step 1 are a little different for 2K3, it seemed to work. In 2003, I just changed the calendar properties by checking the "Folder Visible" box in permissions for the "Default" and "Anonymous" profiles. This APPEARS to have done the trick.

Thanks Emily!
- JH

Emily Lin

Hi Jason,

Nice to hear that it works fine after checking the default user's permission (Free/Busy) in the user's calendar folder. If you have any
other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. It is always my pleasure to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

From: "Jason H." <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:14:25 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

Emily,
The user is operating in Outlook 2003 and while the directions in step 1 are a little different for 2K3, it seemed to work. In 2003, I just
changed the calendar properties by checking the "Folder Visible" box in permissions for the "Default" and "Anonymous" profiles. This
APPEARS to have done the trick.

Jason H.

Emily,

Turns out I was wrong. Some (just some) events still aren't showing up for
this user...and it is just her that I'm aware of. I've checked with others
and they don't seem to be having any issues. Any other suggestions? Thank
you!

Original message: "My boss and I came across an interesting situation this
morning where we noticed that only SOME of a colleague's calendar events
were showing up in Outlook's Scheduling Assistant (one out of the four that
the employee had for the day). We have enterprise permissions and the
problem, like many we encounter, was not dependent upon the version of
Outlook...we were seeing the same view in Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007. "

Emily Lin

Hi Jason,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Let's continue to the steps below.

check that specific user's exchange account setting in Outlook
=====================
1. Click Start , and then click Control Panel .
2. If Control Panel is not already in Classic View, click Switch to Classic View .
3. Double-click Mail , and then click E-mail Accounts .
4. Leave the View or change existing e-mail accounts option selected, and then click Next .
5. View the option that is selected in the Deliver new e-mail to the following location list.

6. Make sure it is not in the local *.pst file. Make sure it is in Mailbox-username.

For more information about update free/busy information issue, refer to the following KB article.

831234 How to make sure that your free/busy information is correctly updated in an environment where you use both Outlook and OWA
clients
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;831234

Also, please make sure that the Default User's permission setting on the specific user's mailbox - calendars folder is correct.

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

Emily Lin

Hi Jason,

We wanted to see if the information provided was helpful. Please keep us posted on your progress and let us know if you have any additional
questions or concerns.

We are looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

auballard

Hello Emily - I came across this message string because I'm having a similar,
if not the same, problem. I have meetings scheduled all throughout the day
and each are designated as busy on the individual meeting. When I go to
schedule a new meeting or change an existing meeting some of these meetings
do not appear. I'm on MS Exchange Server and have the Calendar Options set
to check busy/free time every 10 minutes. This is happening on meetings that
were scheduled weeks ago.

I've also gone through the control panel / email options and the send mail
box is set as my user name.