Software Informer

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Every time I download something from Give Away Of The Day there is an option to install Software Informer.
Question really is, is Software Informer any good and does anybody else use it ?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I found ...

Software Informer is dangerous software hijacker, keylogger, and spyware. Other name is System Informer.
This application can’t be deleted or uninstalled unless you do direct manual deletion into registry: The Software Informer also causes high CPU utilization and makes overall computer performance dropped. To the best of this software strategy, it also hijacks www.google.com seach functionality, if you try to find information regarding this sofware, the page will only show information from Software Informer websiet for pages.
... may be someone's rant, but my choice for this sort of "software" is www.google.com ;)

:user:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I found ...

... may be someone's rant, but my choice for this sort of "software" is www.google.com ;)

Yeah I do prefer Mr Google when it comes to software updates and driver updates etc.
I can't remember now, its either you or V-R that posts about some other software thingy. I tried installing other night, but with no joy. Mmm Scania of something like that...

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Same again Mucks. I downloaded. Installed. Little red radar type thing shows up on the taskbar near the clock and download asks me would I like to run the software. I say yeah go for it, and nothing. Two minutes later said red radar thing in Taskbar vanishes. Ctrl+Alt+Del to open Windows Task Manager, nothing shows up in Applications or when I switch to Processes. HAd a look in event viewer to see if there were any crashes, warnings etc. But Nada. Oh running XP SP3 fully upto date.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
great, thanks for that ... :thumb:

relayed your findings back at Secunia

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I'm actually quite glad I have it installed and working now. I think we take it for granted that our computers are safe just because we have xyz anti virus or whatever running. Even after a complete fresh install of XP and a few other programs last night and all the usual updates. I still had about 20 threats.

Ask a Question