SmartArt is Awesome!!

Wow guys. Smart art is really amazing. I love the features that enable the
user to switch between differnt diagrams, the "Changes Colors" feature and
"Changes Styles" feature save so much time.

It's so easy to create nice looking presentations.

Keep focusing on innovations such as SmartArt and try to move away from
changes that decrease my productivity. Like ribbons that I can't move around
the screen.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...8-df2c079c1fee&dg=microsoft.public.powerpoint

I found a great feature in Word 2007, i.e. SmartArt. Now I am more
interested in creating my own smart custom figures/diagrams. I underwent this
URL
"http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/07/02/SmartArt/default.aspx"

and got to know how we can create a custom diagram. But many information like

1) The xml schema and various tags which we can use, and there meanings
2) how to know about different types of algorithm
3) How to create new custom diagrams
4) help or SDK for creating such diagrams
5) how to reference inbuilt shapes[round rectangle(roundrect) rectangle,
circle] and how to use them

etc is missing

So, can some body help me to find all these information, so that I can try
my hand on SmartArt to create smart figures

Looking forward for a great response!!!

Thanks a lot!

Sachin Bansal

Echo S

I don't think these tools are available. I hope they will be some day,
because I agree -- I want to be able to create my own diagrams!

I'm sorry, I wish I had a better answer for you.

Thanks for the reply, but I have seen these custom smart diagram created by
few people. They have infact uploaded on net. So, how come, they could create
them!
Again, is there any source from where, I can get some help!

Thanks.

Echo S

I'm sorry, I can't help you. The only community-submitted template I see on
this list
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=smartart&av=TPL000is actually a PowerPoint template with a sample slide that has a SmartArtdiagram on it. It uses the standard SmartArt diagrams and applies formattingbased on the theme that was applied to the PPT template; it's not acompletely new custom SmartArt diagram.You might try contacting Microsoft or posting on the MSDN forums.--Echo S [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.comWhat's new in PowerPoint 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htmFixing PowerPoint Annoyanceshttp://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/index.htmlPPTLive! Oct 28-31, New Orleans http://www.pptlive.com"Sachin Bansal" <[email protected]> wrote in messageHi,>> Thanks for the reply, but I have seen these custom smart diagram createdby> few people. They have infact uploaded on net. So, how come, they couldcreate> them!> Again, is there any source from where, I can get some help!>> Thanks.

Have you been successful in gathering information about creating custom
diagrams?