Smart Device Application template icon missing!

sean

Hi,
I've installed the complete Visual Studio.NET and can't
find the Smart Device App icon anyhwere when I load up a
new project. Any advice?? I 've installed the compact
framework, reinstalled VS.NET, I'm at a dead end here..
Cheers,
Sean

Battal Abdurrahman

sean said:
Hi,
I've installed the complete Visual Studio.NET and can't
find the Smart Device App icon anyhwere when I load up a
new project. Any advice?? I 've installed the compact
framework, reinstalled VS.NET, I'm at a dead end here..
Cheers,
Sean
Are you using VS.NET 2003 or 2002? If it's 2002 I guess you have to
install Smart Device Extensions.

Chris Tacke, eMVP

Smart Device apps are available in Studio 2003 only. If you've got 2002,
you can upgrade for $29.

-Chris

Anthony Cangialosi [MS]

Hello Sean, the VS templates that you are looking for are only distributed
w/ VS 2003. If you installed the .Net Compact Framework redistributable
from the web over VS 2002 will not give you the Templates designers, or
compilers you would need. Please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio for information on upgrading to the
latest release.
Sincerely;