Slow Word Response (2003/XP)

VioletDC

I've gone thru several posts here, but they're rather dated, so I'm asking
again. I'm having an issue all of a sudden--can't do anything in Word w/out
it taking forever & a day! Opening/saving is a chore; using simple
formatting tasks (i.e., format/paragraph or font, etc.) even takes longer
than usual. Any suggestions??? It's killing me, here!

Thanks

jones

Sorry Violet, don't have an answer - I am in the same predicament as you
are. Hope we get an answer soon. Using Word 2000 (old but comfortable) and
XP.

Katherine

"VioletDC" < wrote in message

Jay Freedman

VioletDC

Thanks, Jay. I figured it out. It was 1 of Verizon's downloads they
installed on my PC. Specifically, their Help & Call Center application,
which is 100MB+! As soon as I performed the Add/Delete Programs and got rid
of it, EVERYTHING sped up! No more issues w/Outlook (except 4 that pesky
sign-in/verify password popup!!! What's up w/THAT?--sorry ... got carried
away; that's a whole 'nother conversation) or Word anymore, so I'm happy.