    I am using POP3 email with a local .PST file for delivery
    of email.

    Ideas anyone?

    Steve Follett, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Steve Follett

    Nikki Guest

    What version of Outlook?

    --
    Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]

    "Steve Follett" <> wrote in message
    news:54c701c376e0$1c1d9b00$...
    I am wondering if anyone has seen this and has a fix?
    When using Outlook with the preview pane turned on, you
    select a new email and the email is very slow to display.
    As well if you double-click an email to open it is very
    slow in responding and finally opening. When a new
    desktop profile is created, the syptom seems to clear up,
    but will reappear again. Problem might be tied to size of
    the user profile or something contained within it. It
    seems as I get all of my settings back configured (email,
    favorites, desktops settings, etc.) that the problem re-
    appears.

    Nikki, Sep 10, 2003

  3. Steve Follett

    Diane Guest

    Hi, I have exactly the same problem! I have recently
    upgraded from ME to XP and installed Norton Antivirus and
    thought there could be a connection.

    If you here of a fix for this, I would really appreciate
    if you could forward on the info. I have posted this
    issue on another site and will email you ifI here of a
    fix. Fingers crossed and good luck.

    Kind Regards

    Diane

    Diane, Sep 10, 2003
  4. Steve Follett

    Diane Guest

    I'm using Outlook 2002

    Diane, Sep 10, 2003
  5. Steve Follett

    Diane Guest

    I found a solution. I hope it works for you.

    Go to: Tools>Options>Others and then turn off Instant
    Messaging.

    Then close Outlook and when you open it up again your
    email should open up quickly and preview pane will work
    as normal again.

    Good Luck

    Diane

    Diane, Sep 10, 2003
  6. Steve Follett

    beth chika

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2005
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    slow outlook

    i am having a problem too with outlook 2003. my emails open very slowly particularly when i have one mail opened and wants to switch to another. when i click the next on the preview pane it takes nearly a munite to open.if anyone has a solution please let me know.

    beth chika

    beth chika, Jun 24, 2005
  7. Steve Follett

    muddyg

    Joined:
    May 24, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Slow preview in Outlook 2003

    I'm having same problem with Outlook 2003-- veeeeeery slow to change the preview pane, if at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I realize this thread was started in 2003!

    muddyg, May 24, 2006
  8. Steve Follett

    rhazleton

    Joined:
    May 30, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    slow reading pane display

    I, too, realize this is an aged thread, but I just started having the same problem.

    I tried the tools->options->others->I.M. solution suggested in one of these posts, but didn't find any i.m. options in the others tabs.

    What works for me on a temporary basis is to go to "help", then use "detect and repair", which I think basically reloads the whole Office software. It takes a few minutes, but makes the problem go away. Unfortunately, it's not a permanent fix, and has to be re-done every time I open Outlook. But better than nothing. Any further ideas would be welcome.

    rhazleton, May 30, 2007
  9. Steve Follett

    Toffypops

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Alternative Solution.

    We had this same problem with 1 user at work today.

    Turns out it was WebEx Connect that was the problem.

    To fix it we opened Webex Connect SETTINGS and went to the MS OUTLOOK tab.

    There we unticked the boxes and applied the settings.

    We restarted outlook and it worked nicely.

    To check if it is Webex Connect that cause this, just close the webex program and check if reading
    messages has speeded up.

    Best reg.

    Toffypops
    Norway