Slow painting of semi-transparent forms

J Moore

I am continously setting the BackColor property of the
main form to achieve a fading color effect. This works
well enough until I change the Opacity property to
anything less than 1.00. Now the form paints so slowly as
to consume a huge amount of processor time. When I reset
the Opacity back to 1.00, the form still paints very
slowly.

How do I reset the behavior of the form back to default
fast painting for full Opacity?

Joe White

Try setting the form's AllowTransparency property to false, and see if
that helps. (I haven't actually tried this yet -- I just took a quick
stroll through the code using Reflector. But AllowTransparency
certainly looks promising, both in its name and its code.)

Ying-Shen Yu[MS]

Hi,
Thanks Joe, It seems work fine on my system.
Opacity will set this to true internally, and you need to set it back to
false as soo as you needn't transparency.

Kind regards,

Ying-Shen Yu [MS]
Microsoft Support Engineer

You assume all risk for your use. 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.