Slow moving around worksheet

Mark

Hi -

I have a 3,400 KB Excel 2007 file that is very slow to move around in. My
similar sized Excel 2003 file would give me this problem.

It has numbers and text with formating (bold, underlines), nothing unusual,
no links or anything.

I will add that the workbook was created by a macro, so maybe there are
"strings" attached to it that I don't know about.

Thank you for suggestions.

Mark

Shane Devenshire

Hi,

There could be code that is executing everytime the cursor is moved, check
to see if there is any VBA macros, particularly Selection_Change events.

The thing that usually make moving slow is graphics, for example, charts,
smart art, pictures and such. Does the cursor move faster on an empty sheet?

Mark

Shane -

There are no macros or VBA code as far as I can see.

And there are no pictures, charts, etc.

Yes the cursor does move faster on an empty sheet.

Mark

Mark

Shane -

The code used to create the workbook must have caused the problem. I change
the code, ran the program to create the workbook, opened the workbook and no
problem.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

Thanks for your comments,
Mark

Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There could be code that is executing everytime the cursor is moved, check
> to see if there is any VBA macros, particularly Selection_Change events.
>
> The thing that usually make moving slow is graphics, for example, charts,
> smart art, pictures and such. Does the cursor move faster on an empty sheet?
>
> --
> If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "Mark" wrote:
>
> > Hi -
> >
> > I have a 3,400 KB Excel 2007 file that is very slow to move around in. My
> > similar sized Excel 2003 file would give me this problem.
> >
> > It has numbers and text with formating (bold, underlines), nothing unusual,
> > no links or anything.
> >
> > I will add that the workbook was created by a macro, so maybe there are
> > "strings" attached to it that I don't know about.
> >
> > Thank you for suggestions.
> >
> > Mark

I am facing the same problem also. How change the code and ran the program to create the workbook?