Slow motion keypress log-in...

J

just plain rob

Greetings,
On my child's computer, one of the kids were apparently goofing with the Accessibility Control Panel and it got to
the point where every key stroke--such as in a text document--took a 2-second press. I undid that setting and typing
is fine.

Except for log-in. Now, to log in requires they need to hold each key, to a 2 to 3 second count. Sometimes the log-in
box does not respond at all. Is her SAM file corrupt? If so, can I remove that thing?

I have added users and changed everyone from no password to password in hopes of rewriting a bad file. No go.

I did adjust the sensitivity of the Keyboard Control Panel--that's all OK. All out of ideas here and any new ones are
appreciated.

Rob

J

just plain rob

Hi Rob,

See line 211 - right hand side
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Did every Regedit suggested by the site.
At the User log-in, I'd estimate it still waits a good 2-count before recognizing the keypress, which seems a "bit"
quicker. Everywhere else it's fine as before.

It's not my machine and it's been so long since I logged in to XP--is this laggin keypress normal?

Ask a Question