Slackware to PCLinuxOS 2007

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hello All
Have replaced Slackware with PCLinuxOS 2007 on two crunching PCs. Installation very fast and Boinc started easily once I moved it from Desktop to Home. However closing the Shell lost Boinc, but remembered a post by Mucks from last year (remarkably more than 10 minutes ago) - re closing Shell and rebooting Slackware without losing Boinc.
nohup./boincmgr>&/dev/null& produced [1] 3685 and [2] 3686.
nohup./boinc.&/dev/null& produced [1] Exit 127.
I am assuming this works in PCLinuxOS 2007 but would like to check before closing or rebooting again.
Thanks in advance
peahouse05:)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
yup ... works for all Linux Distros. :thumb:

But don't forget the spaces ...

nohup ./boinc >& /dev/null &

nohup ./boincmgr >& /dev/null &

... must be run in the BOINC folder. ;)

If you reboot, you will need to run the first command each time ... if you just close a session, no bother.

I never did figure out, still haven't, on how to install Boinc as a service so it would auto-startup.

I am using PCLinuxOS 2007 right now, however, it still don't like my PC but is working ... may go back to OpenSuse. :D

:user:

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Slackware to PCLinusOS 2007

Thanks Mucks
Copy and paste from your original reply way back sorted that. Slackware ran for months without crashing but I have something on Boinc starting on log-in, will use the rainy weekend down here to work on it - everything in Linux takes me that long!
Cheeers
peahouse05:user: