SKU011.CAB

Liza

Hello, everyone!

My computer was working perfectly well (as long as I could tell) but my
Excell application seems to have collapsed owing to SKU011.CAB missing from
the system. I tried running the installation disk when a window pops up to
warn me that such file is missing. Honestly, I havent got a clue of what's
going on and how I could solve this. Could you help me out? THANKS A LOT!

Jim Cone

Maybe...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896866
"When you try to start a Microsoft Office 2003 program for the first time,
you receive the "Installation Error: File not Found" error message"

Also, using System Restore to go back to an earlier configuration might work.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Liza"
wrote in message
Hello, everyone!

My computer was working perfectly well (as long as I could tell) but my
Excell application seems to have collapsed owing to SKU011.CAB missing from
the system. I tried running the installation disk when a window pops up to
warn me that such file is missing. Honestly, I havent got a clue of what's
going on and how I could solve this. Could you help me out? THANKS A LOT!

Jim Rech

Aside from Jim's suggestions I understand that the solution at #69 here has
helped some (but not all) people who've had this problem:

http://www.dylangreene.com/blog.asp?blogID=371

--
Jim
| Hello, everyone!
|
| My computer was working perfectly well (as long as I could tell) but my
| Excell application seems to have collapsed owing to SKU011.CAB missing
from
| the system. I tried running the installation disk when a window pops up to
| warn me that such file is missing. Honestly, I havent got a clue of what's
| going on and how I could solve this. Could you help me out? THANKS A LOT!

Jim Hill

Hello Jim,
reading your suggestions, still the problem occurs even updating showed an
error for updating 'the page could not be shown'. It is a harsh problem.
Living in Indonesia I ever bought this MS-Office 2003 Prof software,
expecting that it would be properly working untill now.
Working in Word everytime i got disturbed by a dialogbox saying that the
'help function' should be installed. But it has been installed properly. But
the message remains occuring untill i have to shut down the file i was
working in.
And installing the help function showed to me "SKU011.CAB" error.
Yeah, i'm getting a kind a desperate because i need this MS-off prgm and i'm
afraid that i bought a 'jacked version'. But in Indonesia it is very
difficult to buy 'the clean and original versions' of all kind of software.
It really is a disaster.
! One doesn't care about author rights, but it seems i'm a victim.

So if you or anyone else would help this guy with another suggestion ?

Liza

Thank you VERY MUCH, Jim. I tried restoring the system to an earlier date and
it worked.

Once again, thanks very much.

Barb

I am having the same problem....it just started last week. This computer was
giving to me so I have no disk. I have run the genuion (sp) and it shows it
is a genuion copy. This didn't happen until for school I tried to download
Visio 2007 trial which will not come off my computer. It is still in my add
and remove programs even though I used a Microsoft removal tool. I NEED this
for school. Only 7 months till I graduate with my degree in Network
Security....and have been consistently on Dean's list....so I am not a
newbie...also worked in the field for 10 yrs but never got my degree till
now. Any suggestion. I restored to previous restortation point...worked fine
for about 6 days and now it is doing it again. Any suggestion would be
appreciated. My email is (e-mail address removed) Thanks, Barb