Sites, Site Links and Site Link Bridges

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Active Directory' started by TimD, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. TimD

    TimD Guest

    Hi All,

    I have a situation. I have a client with a Root Domain and 2 child
    domains. The client has 27 different sites among the 2 child domains.
    The other tech has set up the sites, links and bridges but I think
    this is done wrong.

    He has one site for each site, a site link with all the sites except
    the local site, and then each bridge has all site links in them.

    Am I wrong or does this seem wrong?

    I think the sites are correct, but the links should only have 2 sites
    in them and then the bridges should contain the links.

    We are having problems with KCC errors and parts of the directory are
    not replicating correctly.

    ie.
    Site1 <-> Server1 (GC)
    Site2 <-> Server2 (GC)
    Site3 <-> Server3 (GC)
    Site4 <-> Server4 (GC)
    SiteLink1 <-> Site2, Site3, Site4
    SiteLink2 <-> Site1, Site3, Site4
    SiteLink3 <-> Site2, Site2, Site4
    SiteLink4 <-> Site1, Site2, Site3
    SiteBridge1 <-> SiteLink2, SiteLink3, SiteLink4
    SiteBridge2 <-> SiteLink1, SiteLink3, SiteLink4
    SiteBridge3 <-> SiteLink1, SiteLink2, SiteLink4
    SiteBridge4 <-> SiteLink1, SiteLink2, SiteLink3

    TimD, Jul 28, 2003

  2. What are the KCC events your are seeing?
    --
    Tim Springston
    Microsoft Corporation

    Tim Springston \(MSFT\), Jul 28, 2003