    is, I don't want it; development kit OR just the browser version.

    TIA,

    Pop`

    Poprivet`, Dec 30, 2007

  2. Poprivet`

    Sean Bolster Guest

    Sivlerlight is kind of like Microsoft's version of flash. It's not exactly
    that but in order to view silverlight content a plugin needs to be installed
    to view the content. Silverlight is fairly new.

    Hello Poprivet`,

    Sean Bolster, Dec 30, 2007
  3. Poprivet`

    TaurArian Guest

    More info here: http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/
    and http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/silverlight/default.aspx

    --
    ====================================
    TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

    TaurArian, Dec 30, 2007
  4. Poprivet`

    Poprivet` Guest

    Thanks guys; I see now.

    Poprivet`, Dec 30, 2007
  5. Poprivet`

    mayayana Guest

    There's an interesting article here:
    http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft_ties_highlevel_code_to_Web_develop
    ment_with_Volta/1197045064

    Microsoft and Adobe are both trying to position
    themselves to be in control in an Internet future
    that they imagine will be populated by lucrative,
    interactive web services and "rich internet applications".

    It's what Steve Ballmer refers to as "software AND service,
    as opposed to "Software As A Service". In other words,
    "If people are going to start using software online then
    let's make sure they're locked into Windows while they
    do it." (Microsoft is naturally trying to "leverage" their
    Windows monopoly while Adobe tries to exploit their
    already-widespread infestation of the Internet with their
    semi-proprietary file formats.)

    Adobe has Flex and AIR. MS has Silverlight and
    Volta. "They're neck and neck, with Google coming
    up on the outside." :)

    So far Microsoft has made a deal with MLB.com, in
    an attempt to get the Silverlight runtime widely
    distributed so that they can then get developers to
    take it seriously. From what I've read, even after slogging
    through the almost unreadable marketing lingo that
    always litters any Microsoft docs, ("media experiences
    and rich interactive applications" ... blah, blah, blah)
    no one seems to be too sure exactly what these new
    products are. I suspect that both Adobe and MS are
    probably trying to "hold their cards close to their chest"
    and be prepared to shift direction as needed, as they
    both compete in a forum of uncertain parameters that
    doesn't quite exist as yet.

    mayayana, Jan 2, 2008