Shortcut to Jump Btw. Worksheets

RagDyer

<Ctrl> <PageUp>
<Ctrl> <PagrDown>
--

HTH,

RD

Is there an easier way to jump btw. worksheets in a workbook (assuming you
have only one window open) than by clicking on the worksheet tabs? Thanks.

Is there an easier way to jump btw. worksheets in a workbook (assuming you have only one window open) than by clicking on the worksheet tabs? Thanks.

CLR

You could have all three (or more) open at the same time and smallified so
they all show on the same screen (or use three monitors like I do) and then
just move the cursor between them and click to activate.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

SJT said:
Is there an easier way to jump btw. worksheets in a workbook (assuming you
have only one window open) than by clicking on the worksheet tabs? Thanks.

Michael Bednarek

Is there an easier way to jump btw. worksheets in a workbook (assuming you have only one window open) than by clicking on the worksheet tabs? Thanks.
[Please use the Enter key every 72 characters or so.]

Other than Ctrl+PageDown or Ctrl+PageUp?

David McRitchie

Hi Machael,
What do you (not the OP) mean by easier?

You can use the mouse to click on the worksheet tab navigation
arrows. You can use a macro to much the same as Ctrl+PageUP
and Ctrl+PageDN. You can use the forward and back web links
Alt+ArrowRi and Alt+ArrowLt if you used link to get there.

: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm
: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/toolbars.htm

Not shortcuts but you can use hyperlinks to move to another sheet.

Michael Bednarek said:
Is there an easier way to jump btw. worksheets in a workbook (assuming you have only one window open) than by clicking on the
worksheet tabs? Thanks.
[Please use the Enter key every 72 characters or so.]

Other than Ctrl+PageDown or Ctrl+PageUp?

RagDyeR

I don't understand exactly what you're looking for.

A*single* click of the mouse will allow you to change sheet tabs.

<Ctrl> <PageUp> and <Ctrl> <PageDown>
Are *one (right) hand* keyboard operations.

Though the OP excluded the use of multiple windows, *you* could:
<Window> <NewWindow> for each sheet,
And then:
<Window> <Arrange>
And choose a configuration to your liking, where again, a *single* mouse
click can migrate you to different sheets.

Perhaps, even though you didn't mention it, you may have a *large* number of
sheets in the WB.
In that case, you can right click within the small scrolling arrows to the
*left* of the sheet tabs, which will display a pop-up window displaying 15
sheets, any one of which can be chosen with a single mouse click.
Even if there are more then 15 sheets in the WB, this pop-up window gives
you the option to expand it into an infinite scrolling window which will
display *all* the sheets in the WB.

And if this isn't what you're looking for, David McRitchie has a couple of
web pages which describe how you can create a TOC (Table of contents) for
each sheet in your WB.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc2.htm

Any of these to your liking?
--

HTH,

RD

"Michael Bednarek" <mb at mbednarek dot com> wrote in message
Is there an easier way to jump btw. worksheets in a workbook (assuming you
have only one window open) than by clicking on the worksheet tabs? Thanks.
[Please use the Enter key every 72 characters or so.]

Other than Ctrl+PageDown or Ctrl+PageUp?

Michael Bednarek

[suggestion snipped]
"Michael Bednarek" <mb at mbednarek dot com> wrote in message
Is there an easier way to jump btw. worksheets in a workbook (assuming you
have only one window open) than by clicking on the worksheet tabs? Thanks.
[Please use the Enter key every 72 characters or so.]

Other than Ctrl+PageDown or Ctrl+PageUp?

RD,

If you want to comment on my suggestion (Ctrl+PageUP), respond to my
message by all means; however, if you want to respond to the OP's (SJT)
question, respond to that, not to a follow-up.

Michael Bednarek

Hi Machael,

My name is Michael.
What do you (not the OP) mean by easier?

I did not demand "an easier way to jump btw. worksheets in a workbook"
at all - the OP (SJT) did. Please read the thread and attributions more
carefully. If you want to comment on my suggestion (Ctrl+PageUP),
respond to my message by all means; however, if you want to respond to
the OP's question, respond to that, not to a follow-up.

David McRitchie

Hi Michael,
Ok, got it, the OP line was wrapped several times and it looked like most
of what he wrote was part of your reply.

Probably would not have been confusing if you replied at the top. If is
frequently difficult to tell otherwise who posted what part. Sorry about
your name, I used to copy a name to prevent such typing errors and to
pick up characters not in the English alphabet.

Now that you've told me what your reply actually was -- I agree with you.

Actually I also have icons with associated macros on my toolbar so
can keep mouse at same position going in one direction with one
click for each. But the poster is trying to keep fingers on keyboard .
If not actively typing, I try to do everything with the mouse (5 buttons,
wish it had more) so I don't have to use the keyboard. Much easier
on the hands, no more carpel tunnel syndrome. Of course the compact
size of a laptop keyboard also helps.

Your reply posted at the bottom was confusing to others as well,
in combination with the OP long wrapped line so I wasn't alone on
the misinterpretation (looking at the subthreads);..