Shortcut key stopped working!

Hi all,

Help! My favorite shortcut key in IE the crt + enter in the address bar
(used to add the www and .com to an address has suddenly stopped working?
When I use the command, the text in the bar disappears and nothing happens.
Any suggestions? I've tried resetting my options.

EPP

Don Varnau

Hi,
First, enable Inline Autocomplete in Internet Options> Advanced.

Then, if necessary, run regedit and navigate to the following registry key.
Verify that the value (right pane) is correct.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoCo
mplete]
"Append Completion"="yes"

Also verify that these values are correct:
"Use AutoComplete"="yes"
"AutoSuggest"="no"

Don

Thanks Don. I've done both of those things. Googled the topic, etc. No such
luck! Any other suggestions? Also, when I press tab to move from one text box
to another, for example from Username to Password box @ hotmail, the cursor
does not jump into the next box-- if I hit it again it will move to the radio
dials, etc.

--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

EPP said:
Hi all,

Help! My favorite shortcut key in IE the crt + enter in the address bar
(used to add the www and .com to an address has suddenly stopped working?
When I use the command, the text in the bar disappears and nothing happens.
Any suggestions? I've tried resetting my options.

EPP

Don Varnau

Have you checked for malware with (at least) CWShredder, Ad-aware and
Spybot?
See: http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Also note the security tips on
that
page.

Additional information at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

Or, maybe a legitimate program conflicting with IE. Look at programs like
pop-up blockers, privacy or security, toolbars, etc.

Hope this helps,
Don
--

EPP said:
Hi all,

Help! My favorite shortcut key in IE the crt + enter in the address bar
(used to add the www and .com to an address has suddenly stopped working?
When I use the command, the text in the bar disappears and nothing happens.
Any suggestions? I've tried resetting my options.

EPP

Hi again, Don or anyone else,

I've installed and run all the spyware removers including Hijack This, which
I had to wait five days for someone to check my log file. My system is now
clean and the short cut and tab button are still not working. Should I
reinstall the software? Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch.

Liz

"EPP" <EPP[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi all,

Help! My favorite shortcut key in IE the crt + enter in the address bar
(used to add the www and .com to an address has suddenly stopped working?
When I use the command, the text in the bar disappears and nothing
happens.
Any suggestions? I've tried resetting my options.

EPP

Any thoughts?

: