Sharing Violation & Unexpected file Lock

G

Hi,
I'm working on entering marks and examination analysis using excel. For that, I create few excel file represent for classes and subjects. All these files sharing using network. To make these files easy to access, I create main file to link each other. Files are protected with unlock password. My problems...

1. Sometimes this message appears at user screen..
"Unexpected file lock by User1. You can override this file lock, or continue without doing so. If you continue without overriding this lock, you will not be able to save to this file, but you can use file save as to save your work to a different file. Do you want to override this file? Yes / No"

2. Same also, sometimes this message appears at user screen..
"Your changes could not be saved to book1.xls because of a sharing violation. Excel has created a temporary file with your changes preserved, called "C0A300000". You can save the temporary file as a new name or lose your changes and all future changes."

what I suppose to do? what wrong? why? Pls.

Ask a Question