Shaking screen

G

I just upgraded to Xp Pro from XP Home and now my
screen shakes, as i
there were waves moving up the screen. An
idea why this is happening now and how to fix it??

T

Tom Porterfield

ehaire said:
I just upgraded to Xp Pro from XP Home and now my
screen shakes, as if
there were waves moving up the screen. Any
idea why this is happening now and how to fix it???

What else do you have on the same electrical circuit as the PC? I've seen
this most often when a fan or other device is on the same circuit as the
PC monitor, drawing power away from the monitor.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP MCE
http://support.telop.org

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup only.

G

Re-install the monitor drivers if you have a CD for it. Otherwise try adjusting the Refresh Rate in Desktop settings

Chaitan.

G

When I installed the upgrade it reset my refresh rates.I have been trying to figure out how to change them as this may be the problem.When I go to display control and select advanced then
moniter it just says default moniter and use hardware default settings.there are no other choices

AS for updating the video drive
I found out my video driver is
S3ProSavage DD
Driver version 6.13.10.110
When I went to http://www.s3graphics.com/Drivers.html To see about downloading a driver update it said
Microsoft Windows® XP drivers are contained within the Windows XP retail CD. Upgrading from Windows® 2000 or Windows® 95/98 or ME will automatically install the correct driver. Updates to drivers provided "in-the-box" on the operating system CD are not available for legacy products

FIRST: Check with your board vendor
Your board or system vendor provides drivers which are fully customized for your hardware. Drivers accessible here may not support or function perfectly with all features of your hardware. S3 Graphics provides 3D graphics chips to the computer industry's leading add-in card manufacturers and PC OEMs. We do not sell any products directly to end users so we do not have an end-user technical support function. If you are having a problem with any product featuring an S3 Graphics component, please contact either the PC or board manufacturer of your product

So I checked with my computer manufactor but they have no updates available for my video drive
It only wiggles as I move page up or page down
I try reseting and adjusting setting on my moniter but nothing helped so just restored them

Edit | Quote | Repor

Ask a Question