SFC Report

I have run sfc /scannow and it stops at 98%. After reading the log files it
seems that there are two files causing the problem. How do you go about
fixing them? The two files in question are:
MediaMetdataHandler.dll
sud.dll
I would appreciate the help as I am stuck!
Irv

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
What are the error messages and whichh log file are you reading them in?
Does SFC crash or error out or does it simply stop working? If it crashes
or displays and error what is the error message?
Which location are the files being reported with the error message?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Irv said:
I have run sfc /scannow and it stops at 98%. After reading the log files it
seems that there are two files causing the problem. How do you go about
fixing them? The two files in question are:
MediaMetdataHandler.dll
sud.dll
I would appreciate the help as I am stuck!
Irv

Irv,

From my doing a Google search, those files may be infections.

Go here -
http://www.google.com/search?q=Medi...:*&lr=lang_en&sa=X&oi=lrtip&ct=restrict&cad=7

Last entry 'Silent Runners.vbs - find out what starts up with Windows'
Download and run - it is not malicious and has been tested (see 2nd
entry for proof).

If you don't have them already, download 'Ad-Aware' and 'Spybot', get
updates and run both of them on a regular basis - also run 'Windows
Defender'

When it comes to anti-spyware, you can never have enough different
programs to scan your system - some miss what others will pick up!

HTH,

Ray :)