'SetValue macro action' problem

E

Emzii H

Hi,

I'm working on a Access 2003 database using Access 2007. I have a form with
several controls which have the 'on click' property as an embedded macro.
In the embedded macro I wish to use the SetValue action to set the values of
several other controls in the same form when that control is clicked.
This has worked correctly in other forms in the same db (and indeed still
does) but has suddenly stopped working for any new instances i try to
implement and i get the error "The 'SetValue' macro action cannot be run in
disabled mode".
As far as i can tell i'm not in 'disabled mode'. My macro security is set to
'low', i don't get any message bar popping up to ask me to enable content
(trust centre is set to show it for blocked content), i don't have the option
to 'show/hide mesage bar' in the Database Tools tab (it's greyed out), i have
added the database/location to the list of trusted locations ....... i think
that's everything the help dialogue box says, and still no joy!

Please can anyone help??

Thank you.

Reaction score
Setvalue macros in Access 2007

I find that the Setvalue action has been removed from macros and code in Access 2007.

If I open a macrop with the Setvalue line set up in previous versions of Access there is a warning triangle at the left, but the macro and action work.

I can copy the Setvalue line of a macro set up in previous versions of Access there is the warning sign, but changing tha action properties allows one to use the Setvalue action despite it not being on the menu of options.

But I really would like to know how to create the equivalent of the SEtvalue action in Access 2007!

Reaction score
Those two posts describe my problem exactly. Was there a solution? How do you "SetValue" in Access2010 v14.0

Reaction score
No, still no reply. and I don't know if I have tried it in Access 2010 as yet. But copying the line from an old macro and pasting it in a new macro works in 2007, then change the parameters, and ignore the yellow triangle.

It is strange that there is no reply - this global village must be a sleepy hollow :)

I reckon there must be someone at Microsoft trying to get moans from us, but we won't oblige them, will we? I am having to constantly work more slowly because many things that I could do with the keyboard only work with the mouse now, and then there is this SetValue that is not on the menu anymore!

Ask a Question