Setting up a client login,

G

I know how to set up password protected subsites. I have a subsite for each client in the form of www.photobydw.com/username. My hosting service has Frontpage extensions, www.hostsave.com

I want my clients to hit a "login" hyperlink, which will open the standard Enter username and password form. Then have them forwarded to the subsite with thier username

Laura asked this question, but the answer was how to setup the subsite. I understand that, I wanted to know how to setup a hyperlink that will go to the subsite that matches the username entered

As a second question, what is ASP? And what can it do for me

Thanks for your help, Benjamin

T

Thomas A. Rowe

If you are current setting permissions for subsites via FP, then it is not possible do what you
want.

To do what you want requires the use of database (Access, MS SQL, MySQL) with server-side scripting,
such as ASP, ASP.net, PHP, CFM, depending on what is supported by your host.

You can learn more about ASP (Active Server Pages), PHP, etc. by typing the following into the IE
Address for each:

? ASP

or

? PHP

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

Jamin said:
I know how to set up password protected subsites. I have a subsite for each client in the form of
www.photobydw.com/username. My hosting service has Frontpage extensions, www.hostsave.com.
I want my clients to hit a "login" hyperlink, which will open the standard Enter username and
password form. Then have them forwarded to the subsite with thier username.
Laura asked this question, but the answer was how to setup the subsite. I understand that, I
wanted to know how to setup a hyperlink that will go to the subsite that matches the username
entered.

Ask a Question