Setting the serverfilter...

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access Form Coding' started by SparkG, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. SparkG

    SparkG Guest

    Am trying to clear the serverfilter and filter in a
    form's onclose event with:

    me.serverfilter = "" or form.serverfilter = ""

    Also trying to set filter with:

    me.serverfilter = "" or form.serverfilter = ""

    It doesn't seem to work. I present my users with a "list
    view" form of all records, then they select one record
    and go to a single record view with a

    stLinkCriteria = "[Id]=" & Me![Id]
    DoCmd.openForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

    Sometimes the serverfilter gets "stuck" on an
    id and I have to go in design mode and delete it.

    Any enlightenment on why this seemingly simple function
    doesn't work?

    SparkG, Oct 20, 2003

  2. SparkG

    John Viescas Guest

    Which version of Access? Access 2002 fixed a lot of bugs in this area in
    adps. You should still be able to successfully do:

    Me.ServerFilter = ""

    and

    Me.Filter = ""

    ... in the form close event.

    --
    John Viescas, author
    "Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out"

    John Viescas, Oct 20, 2003

  3. SparkG

    SparkG Guest

    Thanks for the quick comeback John...we're using Access
    2002 as a front end SQLServer 2000. I've tried putting
    that same code to a button, open in design mode and it
    still doesn't do it.

    SparkG, Oct 20, 2003