Setting Default font for Design View?

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

V

Vagabond Software

Kinda looks like you have your System fonts set to Lucinda.

Well, are you telling me that to change the default design view font for Frontpage 2003, I have to select the Appearance tab from the Control Panel - Display Properties dialog, click the Advanced button and cycle through each item, setting the font to the one I want to use for Frontpage 2003?

Please tell me that is not what you're telling me...

carl

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

Naturally if you have your system fonts set to Lucinda your Windows control boxes will be Lucinda...but you're saying when you compose text in Design view it's showing up as Lucinda even when it's set to Courier?

Is it publishing that way too?

Kinda looks like you have your System fonts set to Lucinda.

Well, are you telling me that to change the default design view font for Frontpage 2003, I have to select the Appearance tab from the Control Panel - Display Properties dialog, click the Advanced button and cycle through each item, setting the font to the one I want to use for Frontpage 2003?

Please tell me that is not what you're telling me...

carl

V

Vagabond Software

Naturally if you have your system fonts set to Lucinda your Windows control boxes will be Lucinda...but you're saying when you compose text in Design view it's showing up as Lucinda even when it's set to Courier?

Of course, I don't mind that my various controls have the Lucida Handwriting font.

Frontpage will Preview and publish with the correct font, but the Design View displays text on pages as 12 pt Lucida Handwriting in Design View. This includes pages where the charset has been configured for iso-8859-1 instead of windows-1252.

This is particularly frustrating because if I view the following registry key:

<HKCU>\Software\Microsoft\FrontPage\Editor\Charsets\6.0\Defaults\

I have two sub-keys; 1252 and 28591. The 1252 key lists Lucida Handwriting while the 28591 key lists Courier New. So, you'd think when I was designing a page with 88591 charset, the default design view font would be Courier New.

Any additional is welcome.

carl

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Is your new page template set to iso-8859-1 instead of windows-1252
- by default all the new page templates have windows-1252
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
Search for and edit normal.htm - usually in:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\PAGES11\normal.tem
or for prior versions of FP in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\PAGES\normal.tem
--

Naturally if you have your system fonts set to Lucinda your Windows control boxes will be Lucinda...but you're saying when you
compose text in Design view it's showing up as Lucinda even when it's set to Courier?

Of course, I don't mind that my various controls have the Lucida Handwriting font.

Frontpage will Preview and publish with the correct font, but the Design View displays text on pages as 12 pt Lucida Handwriting in
Design View. This includes pages where the charset has been configured for iso-8859-1 instead of windows-1252.

This is particularly frustrating because if I view the following registry key:

<HKCU>\Software\Microsoft\FrontPage\Editor\Charsets\6.0\Defaults\

I have two sub-keys; 1252 and 28591. The 1252 key lists Lucida Handwriting while the 28591 key lists Courier New. So, you'd think
when I was designing a page with 88591 charset, the default design view font would be Courier New.

Any additional is welcome.

carl

V

Vagabond Software

Stefan B Rusynko said:
Is your new page template set to iso-8859-1 instead of windows-1252
- by default all the new page templates have windows-1252
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
Search for and edit normal.htm - usually in:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\PAGES11\normal.tem
or for prior versions of FP in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\PAGES\normal.tem
--

No, the normal template was not set to iso-8859-1, but now it is. Thanks for the tip. I ended masking the problem fairly early on. As soon as I created an external css page and linked to it, my design view adopted the specified font.

carl

Ask a Question