Services Or File Problems

X

X-Rigger

I hope someone can help me with a problem. I am missing some services that are supposed to be there by default.

Internet Connection Sharing

Upload Manager

Utility Manager

They were on a list of services and their settings for XP Pro SP2, do I need them or could they be missing because of another problem, I have been having files problems for awhile; I have run Adaware, SpyBot & AVG with no luck. My Documents folder is empty if I save a file to My Documents, I don’t know where it is. I checked for the Local Settings to clear temp folders and it is gone but internet options—view files, it opens it up and when I click folder it will show it but not if I just open explorer. My folders do not show icons and if I select them sometimes they open in WordPad. I also have two listings when I right-click—WordPad & WordPad MFC Application.. I cannot open more than one file at a time and cannot rename folders or files.

Quite a list, hopefully someone has seen something like this before.

Thanks for any help offered

Bruce

G

X-Rigger said:
I hope someone can help me with a problem. I am missing some services that are supposed to be there by default.

Internet Connection Sharing

Upload Manager

Utility Manager

They were on a list of services and their settings for XP Pro SP2, do I need them or could they be missing because of another problem, I have been having files problems for awhile; I have run Adaware, SpyBot & AVG with no luck. My Documents folder is empty if I save a file to My Documents, I don't know where it is. I checked for the Local Settings to clear temp folders and it is gone but internet options-view files, it opens it up and when I click folder it will show it but not if I just open explorer. My folders do not show icons and if I select them sometimes they open in WordPad. I also have two listings when I right-click-WordPad & WordPad MFC Application.. I cannot open more than one file at a time and cannot rename folders or files.

Quite a list, hopefully someone has seen something like this before.

Thanks for any help offered

Bruce

--
If you have a lot of tension & you get a headache,
do what it says on the aspirin bottle:
"Take two aspirin" &
"Keep away from children"

I could offer a solution to each of these problems, however i am not
going to, if it were me, i would make myself a list, google each
problem and fix it one by one, there isnt going to be a magic cure,
things like files opening in wordpad, not showing icons ect are all set
in your window s file/foler options, you have to change those back, 2nd