Service Event not triggered

Discussion in 'Windows XP Embedded' started by Saqib Saleem, Jul 28, 2008.

  1. Saqib Saleem

    Saqib Saleem Guest

    Hi,

    I have developed a windows service that catches the Login, LogOff, Lock
    (Ctrl+Alt+Del), Restart/ Cold boot events and write in a log file.

    The service executes perfectly on on normal desktop pc with windows xp but
    when it is executed on a tough book with Embedded Xp installed, it does not
    fire the OnSessionChange event.

    Can anybody tell that what is missing in between. Following namespaces are
    used in it:

    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.ComponentModel;
    using System.Data;
    using System.Diagnostics;
    using System.ServiceProcess;
    using System.Text;
    using System.IO;
    using System.Xml;

    Saqib Saleem, Jul 28, 2008

  2. Saqib Saleem

    crus Guest

    Hi Saquib,
    I suggest you to check what happens, using Process Monitor from
    Sysinternals.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx?PHPSESSID=d926
    This tool 'll catch events and show errors in calling missing functions.
    Regards
    Raffaele

    messaggio news:...

    crus, Jul 28, 2008

  3. Do you know if .NET Framework is installed? Which version of .NET Framework
    is the application based on?

    --
    Regards,

    Sean Liming
    www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
    Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit

    Sean Liming \(MVP\), Jul 28, 2008
  4. Saqib Saleem

    Saqib Saleem Guest

    Where ? on Embedded XP system !

    I'm using .Net 2005 Framework 2.0.

    waiting for reply

    Saqib Saleem, Jul 29, 2008
  5. Saqib Saleem

    Saqib Saleem Guest

    Thanks for the reply.

    But there is no Visual Studio installed on Embedded XP system, just the
    required components for the applications.

    waiting ...

    regards

    Saqib Saleem, Jul 29, 2008
  6. Saqib Saleem

    crus Guest

    Process Monitor don't needs VS, it's a stand alone utility.
    Raffaele

    messaggio news:...

    crus, Jul 29, 2008
  7. Saqib Saleem

    JS Guest

    Since this is a terminal services function, make sure you have wtsapi32.dll
    on your xp embedded system.

    JS, Jul 30, 2008
  8. Saqib Saleem

    Saqib Saleem Guest

    Hi

    wtsapi32.dll file is placed in \Windows\System32

    what else could it be becaus its still not working

    Regards
    Saqib

    Saqib Saleem, Jul 31, 2008
  9. Saqib Saleem

    JS Guest

    From http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms933127.aspx

    To add Terminal Services to your configuration

    In Target Designer, add the Terminal Services macro component to your
    configuration.
    - or -

    Add the following components to your configuration:

    Terminal Server Remote Desktop
    Terminal Services Core Management Tools
    Terminal Services Web Control Extension
    Terminal Services WMI Provider
    The default settings of these components do not need to be changed.

    Add the Windows Logon (Standard) component to your configuration.
    Note Terminal Services require the authentication features included in
    Windows Standard Logon, and therefore do not work with the Minlogon
    component.

    JS, Aug 6, 2008