Server Speed

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
For some unknown reason, google and yahoo have BOTH decided to spider PC Review today - which is causing a massive number of page requests and a massive slow down to the site.

If the slowdown lasts more than another hour, I will block both of the spiders temporarily from the site. Ultimately, this is a good thing as the site will have many more pages in the search engines, although very inconvenient for the moment.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It seems to be returning to normal now, just in time :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The site seems to be loading REALLY slowly for me >30 seconds per page! My BT ADSL exchange is "red" at the moment, as my 1MB connection does seem to be 56K like sometimes. (http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange.php?ecode=MRARD)

If other people are finding this, please let me know, as I can't judge it with my current connection :) I'm not sure if its me or the server!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Half hour ago, I couldn't actually connect, I gave up after 3 minutes. Obviously I'm on here now. Speed varies, right now, it's OK, but sometimes it slower than cold molasses.

I be using Zen.co.uk Broadband, 500 down, 256 up. No problems with other places, only other two places I frequent with any regularity are Bitbender and Short Media, and they are both fine.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK, can you let me know if its still like this tomorrow and I'll see if I can speed it up!

Ask a Question