Server Hotfix

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It appears that the PC Review server has fallen prey to a recently discovered bug that occurs when logging on using remote desktop.

Fortunatly, as long as I don't do this (or the host), the system will not restart. MS have a beta hotfix in place which I will apply this week.

This shouldn't affect the servers now that I know what is causing this mornings problems :)

Reaction score
How long has it taken MS to realise there is yet another bug with their software?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This bug has been around for almost a year, but apparently it only affects a handful of installations - guess we're just lucky :lol:

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
This bug has been around for almost a year, but apparently it only affects a handful of installations - guess we're just lucky
laughingsmiley.gif
Well it's good to see you have not lost your sense of humour:thumb: :lol:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
We had a 'problem' this morning :confused:

Glad I was out ... ;)

:D

* you need to have a look at this new software ... Linux *

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
We had a 'problem' this morning :confused:
Glad I was out ... ;)

:D

* you need to have a look at this new software ... Linux *
I thought you had come over to the darkside Muckshifter & started using Microsoft like the rest of us????

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
murdoch said:
I thought you had come over to the darkside Muckshifter & started using Microsoft like the rest of us????
I'll use anything I have ... and that includes MS ... I'd rather not pay for an OS though.

Linux servers are renowned for their integrity, security, reliability and ... well they ain't made by MS. :p

Ask a Question