Server error

When trying to save any changes to the pages I'm editing I get the following:
Server error: Cannot close file ".index.htm.tmp"
It says the same for any of the other pages as well as the index.
I contacted my ISP which is hosting the files and I still have more than
enough room so I already ruled that possibility out. Is there anything else
that could be wrong? Thanks.

-Dave

Steve Easton

Close FrontPage.
Do a search for files named *.web ( with the asterisk ) and delete all found.
Do the same for *.tmp
Then clear your browser temporary internet files.

Reopen FrontPage.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Unfortunately the search for any files with *.web came up with nothing and
for *.tmp only came up with files within the windows system folders and
nothing that corresponded with the file names given on my errors so I didn't
delete any of them. I will try to clear out the Internet Explorer's history
though and see if that does anything.

Tom Pepper Willett

Make sure you search for hidden files. Those files are there.
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
| Unfortunately the search for any files with *.web came up with nothing and
| for *.tmp only came up with files within the windows system folders and
| nothing that corresponded with the file names given on my errors so I
didn't
| delete any of them. I will try to clear out the Internet Explorer's
history
| though and see if that does anything.
|
| "Steve Easton" wrote:
|
| > Close FrontPage.
| > Do a search for files named *.web ( with the asterisk ) and delete all
found.
| > Do the same for *.tmp
| > Then clear your browser temporary internet files.
| >
| > Reopen FrontPage.
| >

| > --
| > Steve Easton
| > Microsoft MVP FrontPage
| > 95isalive
| > This site is best viewed............
| > ........................with a computer

| > > Server error: Cannot close file ".index.htm.tmp"
| > > It says the same for any of the other pages as well as the index.
| > > I contacted my ISP which is hosting the files and I still have more
than
| > > enough room so I already ruled that possibility out. Is there anything
else
| > > that could be wrong? Thanks.
| > >
| > > -Dave

Unfortunately I couldn't find those .tmp files. I did delete the .web files
that I finally found and the temporary internet files from my browser. Still
no luck though...

Steve Easton

With FrontPage closed, copy and paste the following into either Start > Run or the IE address bar
and click Ok or Go:

%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Temp\FrontPageTempDir

Delete anything and everything in the folder that opens.

Reopen FrontPage.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

This will likely work better.:)

cd %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Temporary internet
files\FrontPageTempDir

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Server error
Subject: Re: Server error

Dave said:
Unfortunately I couldn't find those .tmp files. I did delete the .web
files that I finally found and the temporary internet files from my
browser. Still no luck though...

Still no luck :( but thanks anyway