SENDKEYS Syntax

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access Macros' started by John Wiedemann, Sep 22, 2003.

  1. With 2000 I can not find the help for sending commands,
    like Alt-D, or Ctrl-C. Where can I find the syntax?

    John Wiedemann, Sep 22, 2003

  2. John Wiedemann

    Larry Guest

    about mid way through the help text you will see
    sendkeys statement with sendkeys colored. Click on it

    Larry, Sep 23, 2003

  3. John Wiedemann

    Tara Brasher Guest

    Alt-D = %D

    Ctrl-C = ^C

    Pasted from Access Help:
    BACKSPACE = {BACKSPACE}, {BS}, or {BKSP}
    BREAK = {BREAK}
    CAPS LOCK = {CAPSLOCK}
    DEL or DELETE = {DELETE} or {DEL}
    DOWN ARROW = {DOWN}
    END = {END}
    ENTER = {ENTER}or ~
    ESC = {ESC}
    HELP = {HELP}
    HOME = {HOME}
    INS or INSERT = {INSERT} or {INS}
    LEFT ARROW = {LEFT}
    NUM LOCK = {NUMLOCK}
    PAGE DOWN = {PGDN}
    PAGE UP = {PGUP}
    PRINT SCREEN = {PRTSC}
    RIGHT ARROW = {RIGHT}
    SCROLL LOCK = {SCROLLLOCK}
    TAB = {TAB}
    UP ARROW = {UP}
    F1 = {F1}
    F2 = {F2}
    F3 = {F3}
    F4 = {F4}
    F5 = {F5}
    F6 = {F6}
    F7 = {F7}
    F8 = {F8}
    F9 = {F9}
    F1 =
    F10 = {F10}
    F11 = {F11}
    F12 = {F12}
    F13 = {F13}
    F14 = {F14}
    F15 = {F15}
    F16 = {F16}

    To specify keys combined with any combination of the
    SHIFT, CTRL, and ALT keys, precede the key code with one
    or more of the following codes:

    SHIFT = +
    CTRL = ^
    ALT = %

    To specify that any combination of SHIFT, CTRL, and ALT
    should be held down while several other keys are pressed,
    enclose the code for those keys in parentheses. For
    example, to specify to hold down SHIFT while E and C are
    pressed, use "+(EC)". To specify to hold down SHIFT while
    E is pressed, followed by C without SHIFT, use "+EC".

    Tara Brasher, Sep 24, 2003
  4. John,

    Please note that SendKeys is generally regarded as a non-robust
    method, subject to a number of problems. Most people experienced with
    Access now studiously avoid using it. There is nearly always another
    way of achieving the same purpose.

    - Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

    Steve Schapel, Sep 25, 2003
  5. Hi Steve,

    I'm trying to send emails from Access through Outlook
    using the DoCmd.SendObject method, however when this part
    of the code runs, an Outlook new mail window opens up
    (with everyting I specified in the code shows up correctly
    in the new window) and all I have to do is click Send (or
    Ctrl+Enter).

    I want this to be fully automated so I tried using the
    SendKeys method but that doesn't seem to work.

    Any suggestions?

    Hafeez Esmail

    Hafeez Esmail, Oct 16, 2003
  6. Hafeez,

    Check that the Edit Message argument of the SendObject is set to
    False.

    - Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

    Steve Schapel, Oct 16, 2003