Sending Word doc as mail in 2007 student

R

Rufus

I was disappointed when I discovered that I could not send a Word document as a letter in Office 2007 for Students. I can make templates in Thunderbird, but I prefer the stability of MS Mail.

It just took a little time, but eventually I found out how to do it. Enjoy!

1. Open the doc you want to send as a letter.
2. Save it as an htm document: [Office button - Save as - Other formats - Save as type: web page]
3. Open the htm file in your IE browser. Click on "Send page as E-mail.
4. It opens in the mail program. You can then add text or other stuff!

You can make any kind of page you want, with graphics and all sorts of formatting. You can keep htm files as templates for re-use. Just save the doc file as an htm file, then open it in the browser, and send as e-mail. That opens it in the mail program and allows you to make additions and/or changes.

Avraham

N

Neil Harley

Rufus said:
I was disappointed when I discovered that I could not send a Word document as a letter in Office 2007 for Students. I can make templates in Thunderbird, but I prefer the stability of MS Mail.

It just took a little time, but eventually I found out how to do it. Enjoy!

1. Open the doc you want to send as a letter.
2. Save it as an htm document: [Office button - Save as - Other formats - Save as type: web page]
3. Open the htm file in your IE browser. Click on "Send page as E-mail.
4. It opens in the mail program. You can then add text or other stuff!

You can make any kind of page you want, with graphics and all sorts of formatting. You can keep htm files as templates for re-use. Just save the doc file as an htm file, then open it in the browser, and send as e-mail. That opens it in the mail program and allows you to make additions and/or changes.

Avraham

You mean Office 2007 for Students doesn't have File/Send/E-mail?

Ask a Question