Windows XP Send to CDRW missing from drop down list

Reaction score
HI,

Can anybody help, I'm trying to copy/burn some Microsoft excel files to my cdrw, i used to just right click on the icon and in the drop down list was "send to" " cdrw", but now it's dissapeared, also in "my computer" the layout has changed of the icon's an i can't seem to change it back. The CDRW function used to put any files into a temporary section but it doesn't seem to do anything, i have tried system restore to see if anything has changed but it hasn't. My cdrw reads data and music cd's fine. I've tried using Record Now DX to copy files but it only stores them as "read only".

Please help it's drving me MAD!!

Thanks

Dale

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Open a folder on your desktop and save your excel files there then right click the folder and send to your drive.

Reaction score
send to cdrw missing

Hi
Thanks for that, still not working Iim afraid.

If it i put a blank cdrw disc in and try and click on my cdrw drive, it comes up "R:\is not accessible"

Anybody with anymore ideas please
Thanks

Dale

Reaction score
Go here "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\SendTo" and create a shortcut to your CD drive, delete the old one that doesn't work.

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for that, got to a shortcut to cdrw now in the drop down list, but when i try to send an item it comes up with
R:\is not accesible

Sorry anymore ideas

Thanks

Dale

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Was there a blank CDRW in the drive at the time when you clicked that?

Reaction score
Hiya,

Blank disc is in the drive. If you remove the disc is then say's "insert a disc into drive R "

Thanks
Dale

Ask a Question