    killer outlook zombie.

    How do I sop it? How do i do "send link" more than once? Does anyone at
    microsoft actually use the internet?

    poopy sanchez tomato, Jan 27, 2004

  2. you could leave outlook open, since it doesn't actually send messages if it's
    not open... short of that, do you have a pda sync program or other addin that
    uses outlook's data?

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Jan 27, 2004

  3. poopy sanchez tomato

    W Guest

    no, no pda program installed or running. Leaving outlook open does not
    improve the behaviour - the zombie still gets created after the first send
    page/link command. It is something about explorer that makes outlook
    zombies.

    Just these:

    THE ZOMBIE: outlook.exe c:\progra~1\office11\outlook.exe 1316 8 204800
    1413120 1/27/2004 4:58 PM 11.0.5510 191.55 KB (196,152 bytes) 7/14/2003
    11:45 PM

    acrord32.exe c:\program files\adobe\acrobat 5.0\reader\acrord32.exe
    csrss.exe Not Available
    ctfmon.exe c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
    explorer.exe c:\windows\explorer.exe
    helpctr.exe c:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpctr.exe
    helpsvc.exe c:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpsvc.exe
    iexplore.exe c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
    iexplore.exe c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
    iexplore.exe c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
    lsass.exe c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe
    mdm.exe c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\vs7debug\mdm.exe
    msimn.exe c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe
    nkvmon.exe c:\program files\nikon\nkview6\nkvmon.exe
    nvsvc32.exe c:\windows\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    services.exe c:\windows\system32\services.exe
    smss.exe c:\windows\system32\smss.exe
    spoolsv.exe c:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe
    svchost.exe c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe
    svchost.exe c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe
    svchost.exe
    svchost.exe
    svchost.exe c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe
    system idle process
    taskmgr.exe c:\windows\system32\taskmgr.exe
    taskswitch.exe c:\windows\system32\taskswitch.exe
    winlogon.exe c:\windows\system32\winlogon.exe
    wmiprvse.exe
    ypager.exe c:\progra~1\yahoo!\messen~1\ypager.exe

    W, Jan 27, 2004
  4. poopy sanchez tomato

    W Guest

    This was related to the spambayes plugin - I will ask the spambayes group.

    W, Jan 28, 2004
  5. poopy sanchez tomato

    SinTex Guest

    make sure in IE tools/options/programs, your mail program is set right.
    after that goto start/run, type in "fixmapi.exe" (without quotes) se
    if that works.... sounds like a mapi problem... can you go t
    word/excel/ppt, and do a file/send to

    SinTe

    SinTex, Jan 28, 2004
  6. poopy sanchez tomato

    W Guest

    Just tried that SinTex, no luck Sorry.

    Doing the second send in word/excel has the same symptom

    W, Jan 30, 2004