Selecting details to view

I have many folders for different artists, and I only like to display the
name, size and duration of music tracks, when viewing in Windows explorer. Is
there a way of altering one folder and either applying it to all subfolders,
or creating a template which can be applied to other folders without having
to go through View-Choose Details for every folder individually?
Apolgies, but not knowing whether this is a Windows question or a music
related one, I have cross posted in Windows XP music

Dave Patrick

Explorer|View|Details Then Explorer|Tools|Folder Options|View, then "Apply
To All Folders". Depending on your likings, you may also need to check
"Remember each folder's view settings"

FYI; Cross-posting is when you include two or more groups in the
"Newsgroups:" section. In this scenario the message and all responses are
seen in all groups that the message was cross-posted to. In other words any
replies will automatically propagate to the other newsgroup posts.

Multi-posting is when you post the same message to two or more groups
individually. In this scenario the message is seen in the groups it is
posted to, but the responses are only seen attached to the message (unless
you cross-post the reply) in which the response was made.

The former is the preferred method.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:

Dave Patrick said:
Explorer|View|Details Then Explorer|Tools|Folder Options|View, then "Apply
To All Folders".

Dave ,
Thanks for the input but this is not strictly what I want.
I don't want to apply these settings to all folders, but merely to the (200
odd) subfolders of the main folder in which my music resides.
Thanks also for making that aspect of posting ettiquette a little clearer.

Martin Ellis

Dave Patrick

Then this article may help you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812003/