SEEK: Astro freeware to show sun's path throughout the year

Sietse Fliege

Franklin said:
Now why is it so hard for me to locate some freeware which shows a
horizon view of what the sun's path will be on different days of the
year? I would have thought it would be very useful for people like
planners and architects to see if the sun will be blocked during the
year by various buildings.

You may also want to check out Sun Clock
http://www.mapmaker.com/sunclock.htm

Llanzlan Klazmon

On Wed 06 Jul 2005 04:43:16, Llanzlan Klazmon wrote:

Cartes du Ciel seems much too heavyweight for me! Am sure it does
everything but just setting it up looks tricky!

It's very easy. You just tell it your location by either clicking on the
map of the world or else selecting a nearby city from the list. The
catalogue selection bit you don't have to worry about as that only
applies to stars and DSO's.

Klazmon.

Susan Bugher

Franklin said:
Replying to everyone (by replying to myself) ....

Now why is it so hard for me to locate some freeware which shows a
horizon view of what the sun's path will be on different days of the
year? I would have thought it would be very useful for people like
planners and architects to see if the sun will be blocked during the
year by various buildings.

an app for architectural planning:

Program: Soleili Sunniness
Author: Soleili
Ware: (Freeware)
http://soleili.free.fr/us/

<q>
The sun, it's light and heat ! It's such a pity to see that some buildings with great possibilities
of sunniness are bad exposed, most of the time by disinterest or just ignorance at the construction
time. Financially it's a loss, ecologically it's a disaster, and it's also very regrettable for our
health. Then, use Soleili to optimize the house aspect, to put effective solar panels or to proceed
to some bright fittings.

Soleili softwareSoleili is a calculating software which runs on Windows. The program computes the
sun position, looks at the impact of the different shadows and informs about the sunniness in a
graphical and numerical way.

The users, private persons or architects, appreciate the adaptability and the efficiency of Soleili.
Its carefully prepared ergonomics comes up to the expectations of the most professional of them.
Moreover, this software is free !
</q>

Susan
--