Security Log

G

I am all of the sudden having trouble viewing my security log on one of my servers. The application and system log work fine, but when I try to view the security log I get the error "Unable to complete the operation on Security Log. A required privelage is not held by the client". I have searched for information on this error, but I cannot seem to find any. I would appreciate and suggestions on how to solve this.

Thanks,

I

Indred Cold

Clarke said:
I am all of the sudden having trouble viewing my security log on one of my
servers. The application and system log work fine, but when I try to view
the security log I get the error "Unable to complete the operation on
Security Log. A required privelage is not held by the client". I have
searched for information on this error, but I cannot seem to find any. I
would appreciate and suggestions on how to solve this.
What does the event log read?

S

Steven L Umbach

Look at Local Security Policy effective settings on that computer in security
settings/local policies/user rights assignments to see if the administrators group is
still in the right to manage auditing and security log. Another possibility is that
your account or group [domain admins] is no longer in the local administrators group
on that computer. --- Steve

Clarke said:
I am all of the sudden having trouble viewing my security log on one of my servers.
The application and system log work fine, but when I try to view the security log I
get the error "Unable to complete the operation on Security Log. A required
privelage is not held by the client". I have searched for information on this error,
but I cannot seem to find any. I would appreciate and suggestions on how to solve
this.

Ask a Question