Security Dome cam question

Reaction score
No I know we have someone here that fits Security systems but I can't remember who

I own an external Dome cam (recently bought) could do with some pointers fitting it
I know the basics obviously but there are a couple of questions I need to ask

TIA

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you go for an IP camera that uses standard network cable, or one of the analogue ones? I'm sure if you post your questions then you'll get some helpful advice :).

Reaction score
No never went for the IP cam. Just a standard Vout 12vdc/24vac

One question is;

I have noticed it has motors on the lens. However no RS232 port or control cable is present
Can the lens be controlled via the BNC out?

Reason I ask is simply because I have noticed other Domes which have PTZ however no RS232 cables only Heater/power and signal out much like the Panasonic WV-CW240

Attachments

• 2014-2.jpg
    2014-2.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 2014-1.jpg
    2014-1.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 108
  • 2014-3.jpg
    2014-3.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 133

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ask away.

CCTV is an area I don't actively pursue as it's a very competitive market and people will install systems for silly money. And I don't like heights ;)

But yes, I've installed quite a few systems in me time.

Reaction score
To add I have noticed it is only a manual Gimble adjustable by hand at installation
So does this make it more likely to be able to control focus and zoom via BNC connection?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
One question is;

I have noticed it has motors on the lens. However no RS232 port or control cable is present
Can the lens be controlled via the BNC out?

Reason I ask is simply because I have noticed other Domes which have PTZ however no RS232 cables only Heater/power and signal out much like the Panasonic WV-CW240

Not that I'm aware of, normally pan & tilt and focus functions are controlled througha seperate multicore cable.

However, technology in that field moves forward so quickly that I suppose it's a possibility, but doubtful.

And I think you can guess what I'm going to ask - have you RTFM? ;)

If you have no manual and if you know the make and model number is not the manual available to view online?

What is the make and model number? I could check on my supplier's website for you.

Reaction score
Yes I have manual. It does mention manual handing of the Axis

It also mentions Focus is manual, however I don't understand the use of motors on the lens housing if this is the case?

I don't have a model number on the camera but the part number search takes me to a company called 'LuxonVideo' for a PDF for model D38V49W

I would show you manual but it's too big to upload

So here's the link for PDF

http://www.luxonvideo.com/manuals/D38V49W manual.pdf

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I can't see any facility for remote focus.

The motors are probably present on the lens as it's more economical to do a production run of the lens including the motors rather than two production runs with and without motors. Then the lens can be used in several different types of camera. The motor cost in the camera's production is negligible.

Economics old boy;)

Looks to be a nifty little camera, good luck with the installation.

Reaction score
Cool thanks :)
Not sure when i'll get round to installing could be a while.

I thought for £17 inc postage it was a decent deal :)

Ask a Question