    I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
    Jetico.
    Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

    ©®, Oct 30, 2003

  2. "©®" <> wrote in
    <news:3fa07ff5$0$107$>:

    > What do people in this NG use?
    > I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware
    > from Jetico.
    > Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

    I remember BCWipe. :) It was the best option for quite a while.

    Now I really like Eraser, as do a lot of others here. It works fine
    with XP.

    <http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/>

    --
    »Q«
    "KEEP BIG BROTHER'S HANDS OFF THE INTERNET"

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=, Oct 30, 2003

  3. ©®

    Susan Bugher Guest

    ©® wrote:

    > What do people in this NG use?
    > I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
    > Jetico.
    > Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

    Many people use Pricelessware picks . . . :)

    in this case . . .

    http://www.pricelessware.org/2003/PL2003SECURITY.htm#E122

    Eraser (donationware) OS: Win9x/NT4.0/ME/2000/XP

    Susan

    Susan Bugher, Oct 30, 2003
  4. ©®

    dszady Guest

    "©®" <> wrote in

    > What do people in this NG use?
    > I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
    > Jetico.
    > Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

    Eraser v5.7 (Donationware)
    http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/
    2.8meg

    --
    °¿°
    I cannot see my X-Face

    dszady, Oct 30, 2003

  5. > What do people in this NG use?
    > I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
    > Jetico.
    > Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

    I don't have anything that important on my system.... That it must never be
    found again.... (including client files)

    however check out pricelessware

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

    Bebop & Rocksteady, Oct 30, 2003
  6. ©®

    J44xm Guest

    ["©®"; Thu, 30 Oct 2003 03:05:24 GMT]

    > What do people in this NG use?

    I use PGP 8.0.3 in Windows XP. It's free and is among the best, if NOT the
    best.
    --
    J44xm

    J44xm, Oct 30, 2003
  7. ©®

    Giuseppe Guest

    R: Secure file deleter

    ©® <> wrote in message
    3fa07ff5$0$107$...
    > What do people in this NG use?
    > I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
    > Jetico.
    > Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

    I use TritaFile ;)

    It's freeware!

    Download from www.tritafile.com

    Giuseppe, Oct 30, 2003
  8. ©®

    Randy Bard Guest

    Re: R: Secure file deleter

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:44:53 GMT, "Giuseppe"
    <> wrote:

    >©® <> wrote in message
    >3fa07ff5$0$107$...
    >> What do people in this NG use?
    >> I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
    >> Jetico.
    >> Any updated and better options, especially for XP?
    >>

    >I use TritaFile ;)
    >
    >It's freeware!
    >
    >Download from www.tritafile.com

    I see it is only 980kb and works on all Windows platforms. Very
    attractive web site too.

    Randy Bard, Oct 30, 2003
  9. ©®

    Ron & Ree Guest

    ©® wrote:
    > What do people in this NG use?
    > I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
    > Jetico.
    > Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

    A strong magnet and a sledge hammer.

    --
    Ron & Ree Williams - http://www.ronree.com/
    "I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." - Britney Spears

    Ron & Ree, Oct 30, 2003
  10. Re: R: Secure file deleter

    Giuseppe wrote:

    > ©® <> wrote in message
    > 3fa07ff5$0$107$...
    >> What do people in this NG use?
    >> I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
    >> Jetico.
    >> Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

    > I use TritaFile ;)

    Fair Disclosure: He also wrote it.

    --
    Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 297263
    Microsoft, 23 Oct: "As a result of challenges to our business model,

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 30, 2003
  11. ©®

    Giuseppe Guest

    > Fair Disclosure: He also wrote it.