Section Breaks in Excel

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :)

Do you mean for printing? If you go to the Page Layout tab, then within the Page Set-up section you can set the print area and insert breaks where you want them. Take a look and let me know if you need any help.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :)

Do you mean for printing? If you go to the Page Layout tab, then within the Page Set-up section you can set the print area and insert breaks where you want them. Take a look and let me know if you need any help.

No, I am referring to a spreadsheet that on one page has a certain layout of rows and columns, while the next page down has a completely different layout of rows and columns. I'm trying to find an example to show you but haven't retrieved it yet.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
You can alter the column widths and row heights if that's what you mean? Or are you saying that within the same sheet (ie tab) there are different layouts?

Reaction score
You can alter the column widths and row heights if that's what you mean? Or are you saying that within the same sheet (ie tab) there are different layouts?
Yes, please see file attached. It has on same sheet, on same page, different layouts of rows and columns. I has to convert it to a .pdf to upload it to you.

Attachments

• Marine Corp. HI.pdf
    32.9 KB · Views: 428

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Ah ok, what you are looking to do is merge cells - that's how they have made some of the columns look wider. If you look at the cells under the 'Description' heading it looks like they have merged cells across 5 columns together (you can see from the grid at the bottom).

To merge cells, highlight the cells you want to merge and click on the drop down arrow next to the 'Merge & center' button. You can then choose how you want to merge the cells. You can do this with any block of cells, so it can be across multiple rows and columns.

merge cells.png

The longer way to do it is to right click on the highlighted cells. A menu will pop up and you want to click 'Format cells'. Pick the tab at the top that says 'Alignment', and then under the Text Control subsection tick the box to 'Merge cells'.

Hope this helps! :)

Ask a Question