Sec Policy Question

G

While testing AD in a lab environment one of our admins locked us out of our PDC by applying a security policy. When we try to log in we get the following error message: "The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively". He applied the Group Policy for the whole domain and this has caused many problems. I researched the problem and noticed that many sites stated that you needed to use the NTrights.exe program. However we do not have that program and I could not find it on the Internet. I did find someone who stated that they mapped a drive from a client to the Policy folder on the PDC and then deleted all the Policies. I tried this and nothing seemed to happen. I then applied a new Default Domain Policy from the BDC thinking that it might overwright the ones I deleted. Do I need to wait a specific amount of time before my new policy will be applied to the domain? I thought I read some where that by default AD attempts to push Group Policies every 90 minutes

TI
Andrew

J

Joe Richards [MVP]

Go download seinteractivelogonright from www.joeware.net on the free win32 tools page.

--
Joe Richards
www.joeware.net

--

parcer said:
While testing AD in a lab environment one of our admins locked us out of our PDC by applying a security policy. When
we try to log in we get the following error message: "The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon
interactively". He applied the Group Policy for the whole domain and this has caused many problems. I researched the
problem and noticed that many sites stated that you needed to use the NTrights.exe program. However we do not have that
program and I could not find it on the Internet. I did find someone who stated that they mapped a drive from a client
to the Policy folder on the PDC and then deleted all the Policies. I tried this and nothing seemed to happen. I then
applied a new Default Domain Policy from the BDC thinking that it might overwright the ones I deleted. Do I need to
wait a specific amount of time before my new policy will be applied to the domain? I thought I read some where that by
default AD attempts to push Group Policies every 90 minutes.

Ask a Question